Thursday, May 9, 2013

One liners

Groucho Marx - 'I never forget a face, but in your case I’d be glad to make an exception.'

Peter Kay (2 July 1973-):
'My Dad used to say 'always fight fire with fire', which is probably why he got thrown out of the fire brigade.'
Tommy Cooper (1921-1984)
'I'm on a whiskey diet. I've lost three days already.'
Woody Allen (1 December 1935-):
'Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.'
Billy Connolly (24 November 1942-):
'My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.'
W.C Fields (1880-1946):
'Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.'
Tony Hancock (1924-1968):
'This radio lark's a wonderful hobby, y'know. I've got friends all over the world, all over the world... none in this country, but friends all over the world.'
Les Dawson (1931-1993):
'My wife sent her photograph to the Lonely Hearts Club. They sent it back saying they weren't that lonely.'
Spike Milligan (1918-2002):
'Chopsticks are one of the reasons the Chinese never invented custard.'
Dorothy Parker (1893-1967):
'If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.'
Gore Vidal (1925-2012):
'Every time a friend succeeds, I die a little.'
Bob Newhart ( September 5, 1929-):
'I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.
Jimmy Carr (15 September 1972):
'I saw that show, 50 Things To Do Before You Die. I would have thought the obvious one was "Shout For Help". '
Ken Dodd (8 November 1927-):
'I have kleptomania. But when it gets bad, I take something for it.'
Mark Twain (1835-1910):
'Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.'
Bill Cosby (July 12, 1937-):
'Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.'
Mae West (1893-1980):
'I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.'
















No comments: