Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Transition

It's been a while since I got a chance to pen down some thoughts.
A sea of changes has swept through my life since then. Most positives.

For starters, my US trip got back on track. So no more wasting TIME on Sunday mornings.
I am supposed to reach the golden shores of Florida on 29th September.

Regarding my apps, my ISB app is nearly done. It's high time anyway as 15th Sep is the deadline. Both recos done, I "just" need to submit my essays now! However, every time I review an essay, I feel like rewriting it from scratch! Anyway, essays have taken a good shape, courtsey SB ( I don't know how to thank him enough), and if everything goes smoothly, I am pretty confident about my chances in ISB.

The US schools are a different ball game all together. Probably I would n't have app-ed to any US school if it wasn't for the US trip. But now I have been advised to app in R2 with around 3-4 months of intl exp. Recently I had a free consultation with MBAMission's Jeremy. He told me that my choice of schools is very prudent. Duke, Darden are pretty realistic targets for me, UNC and Emory being safety! He said he liked what he saw. That has made me very upbeat. He even thought that I may try my luck with Tuck or Kellogg!! Tuck, I can still understand, but Kellogg!! Whoa! As usual, a ton of questions came to my mind, after I hung up. Anyway, I have another free consultation lined up with clearadmit. Hope to have more effective conversation this time.

P.S. I won the club contest with the speech last posted, though couldn't make headway in the area contest!!

No comments: