Monday, March 8, 2010

Last month at ISB

It's been a while since the last post. As we enter our last month at ISB, everyone is getting busy to celebrate the great times we've had here through parties, frequent get2gethers/outings, yearbook and so on. During the last break I went off to Goa with V and some of his friends. It was a 2 week back to cater to uninterrupted placements. So after spending a few days in Goa, I went back home.

The placements are in full swing at ISB. Nearly 350 students are already out of the placement process and some very good profiles are coming. I've now majored in both Fin ad Marketing this term and it feels good. Now that I have, it seems like the right decision to go for Marketing as i am truly awed by some of the more analytical aspects of marketing like building models, perceptual maps, response functions, etc.
Today was the last lecture of prof Gary Lilien. One of the best profs to have taught here, Gary is a legend in the marketing circles. He is the creator of one of the major marketing toolkits MEXL and its a privilege to learn from the master. Some of his case analyses (some of which he wrote himself) left one in awe.

On a personal note, this being the last term, I'm trying to participate in more activities on campus (there are always an overwhelming number of activities here). If there's one regret I'd have, it would be that I didn't get to know more people or do more stuff on the social side. I had to make a tradeoff to keep up my academic performance because you can't have your cake and eat it too at ISB (at least not mere mortals like me).

That's all for now. Some interesting news might be forthcoming in the next few days regarding a sponsored exchange to cambridge so fingers crossed.

Over and out.

No comments: